What’s Trending in 2018?
By Ray Ghanbari, CTO, SmartDrive
I wake up every day focused on building new ways to ensure drivers come home safely to their families. But, I’m not the only one. The entire team at SmartDrive is passionate about breaking new ground in transportation safety and analytics. As we consider effective and innovative ways to make fleets safer, we are always listening to our customers, our legislators and our industry influencers. As a result of these discussions, I’m very excited to offer our perspective on the trends that are influencing the state of the trucking industry in 2018:
1. 2018: The Year “Smart” Video Becomes the New Norm.
2. It’s Going to Take More than Technology to Make the Driver and Truck Safer.
3. The Time is Now for Data and Hardware Convergence.
4. Leading Fleets Will Transition From Data Analytics to Collective Intelligence.
5. Fleets Must Embrace the Complexity of the Future or Fall Behind.
Whether it’s moving from data analytics to collective intelligence, or adapting to new and disruptive business models, I invite you to consider how these game changing trends will influence your fleet’s performance this year by asking yourself:
• Do I understand the interplay between driver, vehicle and the environment?
• How does ADAS impact, not only my fleet’s role in the supply chain, but also the role of my drivers?
• How do I derive insights from the data created from the multitude of connected devices?
• How do I leverage the power of Collective Intelligence across my organization so I can take action on the data provided?
• How do I continue to be successful in an evolutionary business environment that gets more complicated every day?
Join me, and a roundtable of industry expert, as we discuss these trends in more detail in our upcoming webinar at 8:00 am Pacific on Tuesday, February 13. Register here.
And check our upcoming blogs for a more in-depth discussion on each of these trends.
- Posted by Melissa.Senoff@smartdrive.net
- On February 8, 2018