Industry’s First Video-Based Safety Program to Deliver Road-facing-only to 360-degree Camera Views for Fastest Insight to Risk
ATA Management Conference & Exhibition, San Diego — (Booth #811) — Oct. 6, 2014 —SmartDrive Systems, a leader in driving performance solutions that reduce collisions and improve fuel efficiency, today announced the release of its new SmartDrive Assurance product line, the first video-based safety program that can be easily tuned to the risk priorities and specific fleet operating environments through a range of camera, integration and program configuration options. With the only true road-facing video safety program that is fully upgradeable to include the cab view and industry-first integration to additional cameras for a 360-degree view of the vehicle, SmartDrive Assurance gives fleets the power to protect the entire fleet with a solution that fits their specific business needs.
“Carriers operate in a complex environment, with new regulations, advanced technology and an explosion of data coming from all areas of their business,” said Steve Mitgang, CEO of SmartDrive. “Unfortunately, fleets are too often forced into a ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution as a way to manage that complexity. SmartDrive takes a different approach, delivering a video-based safety platform that offers maximum flexibility without compromising ease-of-use or effectiveness.”
With SmartDrive Assurance, fleets that want to measurably reduce risk by adding a video-based safety program can now select from packages that target their specific risk areas. Fleets have access to SmartDrive’s proven safety program, open platform technology with real-time triggering from the industry’s leading Active Safety Systems, integration to a third and fourth camera and a dedicated customer success team.
“The SmartDrive Assurance product line was designed with a simple idea in mind: not all fleets are the same. We understand that every fleet requires a technology platform that fits its business today and can evolve well into the future. With the addition of third and fourth camera integration and immediate offload when an incident occurs, we deliver the fastest insight to risk from any video-based safety program—which means more options for fleets, more protection for their drivers and faster results for their business,” added Mitgang.
SmartDrive’s Assurance product line includes:
SmartDrive Assurance Pro:
- Designed for fleets focused on maximum protection and risk prevention with interior and road-facing cameras and an integrated safety program that identifies great driving, captures collisions and the full range of risky driving skills and associated root causes that lead to collisions.
- Designed for fleets that want to implement a video-based safety program but choose to start with a road-facing only camera, the package focuses on capturing collisions, exonerating drivers when not at fault, and identifying high-risk driving such as speeding, stop sign compliance and U-turns. Fleets are able to protect their drivers, vehicles and freight with a solution drivers can trust. Fleets can upgrade at any point in their subscription to include the interior-facing camera.
SmartDrive Assurance 360:
- Delivers the most coverage for different types of collisions and risk with an ‘up to four camera’ deployment configuration, an industry-first for video-based safety programs. With an expanded view in and around the vehicle, fleets can focus on compliance-related risk as well as their most frequent types of collisions, including those caused by backing, unintended lane changes, roll-overs and close following from passenger vehicles.This unprecedented level of coverage is made possible by integrating other on-board cameras, such as blind-spot and backing cameras, with the SmartDrive system. With this solution, fleets can leverage existing cameras already installed in the vehicle, extending the value of their investment. Assurance 360 is currently in field testing. SmartDrive is taking applications from fleets interested in this early-adopter program. To learn more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fleets have the option to integrate any package with on-board Active Safety Systems, including collision mitigation, following distance, lane departure warning systems, roll-stability control and more, generating more value from existing safety investments.
The SmartDrive Assurance product line also includes the ‘must-have’s fleets require in a video-based safety program, such as:
- Integrated safety program with prioritized risk—combines vehicle data and video event recording with a continuous improvement program that includes expert review and risk prioritization, and web-based coaching workflow for sustainable risk reduction
- Advanced triggering from rich data sources—captures a broad spectrum of risk by triggering from rich data sources across the truck in real time, including accelerometers (g-force, shock), advanced maneuvers (swerve, U-turns), as well as engine, vehicle and active safety system data via direct integration to the ECU
- Fast access to video—automatically offloads video without intervention from the driver within minutes of an incident versus days
- Extended recording—optional capability to capture more information around incidents which exceed the typical 20-second video clip length, providing deeper insight into compliance and safety-related issues
- Consistent risk measurement—delivers a consistent service level of reviewed event video each month, verifying that risk is actually declining
- KPIs and management reporting—focused on driving and coaching performance, reports are tailored to each management level and include operational KPIs that demonstrate areas of strength and opportunities for improvement
- Open platform—architected to connect to other systems on the vehicle and share information with other back-office transportation systems, protecting a fleet’s technology investment and delivering an integrated and consistent view of risk across the organization
For more information about SmartDrive’s Assurance product line, visit SmartDrive at booth #811 at ATA Management Conference & Exhibition, Oct. 4-7, 2014 in San Diego, Calif., or go towww.smartdrive.net.
Contact or Follow SmartDrive at:
Email – email@example.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/smartdriveinc
YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/company/smartdrive-systems
Formula PR for SmartDrive Systems