SmartDrive Expands Smart IQ Transportation Intelligence Suite with Groundbreaking SmartDrive SmartIQ Segmentation
- Delivers Unified, Predictive Performance Profile across a Multitude of Data Sources on and off the Vehicle
- Prebuilt Segments Target Top Fleet Performance Areas: Collision Reduction, Fuel Consumption and Distracted Driving
- Empowers Fleets to Develop Targeted Optimization Strategies Across Driver and Vehicle Populations
LAS VEGAS (American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition, Booth #541)—Oct. 2, 2016—SmartDrive Systems, a leader in driving performance solutions that reduce collisions and improve fuel efficiency, today introduced SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation, an expansion of its Transportation Intelligence Suite, which enables fleets to target optimization strategies based on relevant and predictive performance differences across driver and vehicle segments. SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation correlates a range of different data sources on and off the vehicle to create actionable performance comparisons across driver segments like collision versus non-collision drivers, top distracted drivers versus a fleet’s broader driver population, and years of professional driving experience. Instead of taking a “one size fits all approach,” SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation helps fleets design and customize programs, incentives and management engagement to effectively and efficiently target specific driver groups, lowering costs and maximizing return on investment.
“SmartDrive’s analysis shows that collision drivers have twice as many near collisions, consume over seven percent more fuel and rank higher in every category of distraction. Fleets need this information not as an interesting data point, but as actionable insights based on the performance of their own driver population,” stated Steve Mitgang, CEO of SmartDrive. “With SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation, we’ve put the power in the hands of the fleet to identify new performance patterns and turn that knowledge into personalized action plans that yield measurable improvements in safety, fuel consumption and driver retention.”
Traditional segmentation approaches too often rely on historical, demographic or transactional driving data and present results in static, tabular reports. SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation takes a different approach, powerfully combining verified risk data that can only come from video, real-time vehicle data and other historical fleet information to create driver segments that uncover new, actionable insights delivered in easy-to-understand visual dashboards. For example, with SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation, a fleet can easily isolate performance differences between collision drivers and non-collision drivers across a range of safety and operational metrics, and, most importantly, understand specific changes that can be made to improve future outcomes.
With SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation, fleets now have the ability to:
- Develop more relevant training programs and onboarding strategies that are tuned to specific driver needs, such as collision propensity, actual distracted driving and years of CDL experience
- Lower fuel costs by understanding the relationship between specific driver attributes like driving tenure and fuel consumption
- Design bonus and reward programs that can improve multiple performance metrics concurrently
- Reduce turnover by identifying the performance indicators of drivers who leave and those who stay
- Direct management resources to those opportunities likely to have the highest impact and deliver greatest value to the business
“Since launching SmartDrive SmartIQ®, we’ve received overwhelming interest from fleets of every size who are struggling to get value from their data,” added Mitgang. “We’ve made it easy for fleets to take action with performance metrics and prescriptive insights that can be accessed in our easy to use platform or exported to their own intelligence solution. Now, by bringing fleets’ own back-office data into the mix, fleets can take another leap forward in optimizing efficiency.”
For segmentation to work, the relevant data needs to be accessible, which is often an immediate hurdle for many fleets since combining on-truck and back office information can be time consuming and costly. SmartDrive SmartIQ® enables fleets of every size to consolidate data from disparate sources, linking real-time driver performance data with geographic, demographic and other personnel information.
SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation is available as a SmartDrive SmartIQ® Pro Pack and includes performance dashboards and visualizations that can be filtered by pre-defined driver segments or by customized segments created through SmartDrive’s Transportation Intelligence services team. These graphical dashboards include KPIs and metrics, and are also easily configured to specific fleet needs. A broad range of metrics can be analyzed, including:
- Demographic—age, gender, tenure with company and CDL license years
- Risk—collision rate, near-collision rates and types, distraction rates and types, SmartDrive SmartIQ® Safety Score;
- Driving performance—speeding, close following, unsafe lane departures, U-turns, running a red light, running a stop sign and tampering
- Fuel consumption—overall, city MPG, highway MPG
- Geographic—state, city, zip and GPS location
To learn more about SmartDrive SmartIQ® Segmentation, visit SmartDrive in booth #541 at the American Trucking Associations Management Conference and Exhibition, Oct. 1-4, 2016 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
About SmartDrive Systems
SmartDrive Systems, the recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Customer Value Leadership Award for Video Safety Solutions, gives fleets and drivers unprecedented driving performance insight and analysis, helping save fuel, expenses and lives. Its video analysis, predictive analytics and personalized performance program help fleets improve driving skills, lower operating costs and deliver significant ROI. With an easy-to-use managed service, fleets and drivers can access and self-manage driving performance anytime, anywhere. The Company, which is ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, has compiled the world’s largest storehouse of more than 140 million analyzed risky-driving events. SmartDrive Systems is based in San Diego, Calif., and employs over 500 people worldwide.
For more information on SmartDrive Systems, please visit www.smartdrive.net.
Contact or Follow SmartDrive on:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/smartdriveinc
YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/smartdrivesystemsinc
LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/company/smartdrive-systems
- Posted by Melissa.Senoff@smartdrive.net
- On October 2, 2016